Friday 27 July 2012

Tagged Under: , ,

Bolt: "I am fit and ready to defend sprint titles in London"

By: cek On: 6:41 pm
  • Share The Gag

  •  
    Usain Bolt has admitted he has been carrying injuries that have affected his performance.
    'I've had some slight problems but I'm ready to go. It's fixed now,' said Bolt, who was beaten in the Jamaican Olympic trials by his training partner Yohan Blake and then missed a race in Monaco this month.

    'My fitness at the trials was all right but I wasn't at my best. For me it's all about getting it right on the day. I'm all right.'
    The world's fastest man is relishing the honour of taking on the role of flag-bearer, one that will sit comfortably with a born showman.
    'For my country I'll do anything,' the 25-year-old Jamaican said.
    A repeat of Bolt's record-breaking feats from Beijing four years ago, when he took gold in the 100 and 200 metres, would be most in order from his legions of fans back home.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment